Download this policy as a PDF
Leach Garden is a beautiful place for photography. We welcome visitors to take pictures in the garden for personal use with a small camera or smartphone device. All professional and commercial photography requires advance arrangement and may require a fee. We ask that both amateur and professional photographers follow our garden guidelines:
- Hate has no place here.
- Keep it wild! Stay out of the creek.
- Be courteous and considerate of other garden visitors.
- Stay on the pathways. Walking in the planted areas can damage plant collection specimens. Photographers and their equipment must stay on the pathways and are not permitted in Garden beds.
- The Garden is a smoke-free and vape-free facility under PP&R rules.
- No dogs in the garden. Service animals are allowed, but pets and emotional support animals are not permitted.
- Do not pick flowers or seeds – they are part of our collection.
- Leach Garden staff reserves the right to ask any photographer to leave the garden if these rules are broken
All informal and professional photography must be taken in designated areas shown on the photo map below, unless you make prior arrangements with our rentals team.
Use of a tripod is allowed with a $10 fee, payable at admissions. This fee is waived for members during member hour. All other professional photography equipment is not permitted unless you book a private shoot through our rentals department.
Photography for Personal Use:
Visitors are welcome to take pictures of the garden for personal use with their own device such as a smartphone or small camera.
Portrait and Commercial Photography:
Portrait, professional, commercial photography, or any photography that comprises a photo shoot or has the appearance of a photo shoot requires advance arrangement with our Rentals and Admissions staff and may require an additional fee. Portrait photography is defined as any photography that comprises a photo shoot or has the appearance of a photo shoot, regardless if it is amateur (unpaid services, does not have a client fee), or professional/commercial (has a client fee).
Portrait and Commercial Photography Menu Options:
Informal portrait photography shoot: $50/hour. Contact our Admissions team at 503-208-6030 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must make a reservation before visiting the garden. There are no walk-ups available.
- Any group between 6 and 20 people
- No props or costume changes
- No equipment (excluding tripod)
- No film projects involving actor/product
- No hired photographer
Professional photo shoot during open hours: Contact our Admissions team at 503-208-6030 or at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. You must make a reservation before visiting the garden. No walk-up professional shoots are allowed.
- 1-person w/photographer $50/hour*
- Up to 6 people w/photographer $100/hour*
- Up to 12 people $150/hour*
*additional fee may be included depending on the photo shoot.
Professional photo shoot with special requirements: Contact our rentals team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 971-832-9081.
- Up to 20 people starting at $300/hour depending on needs
- South Side photography up to 20 people starting at $300/hour depending on needs
- All commercial photography shoots are booked through Rentals
- All indoor photography must be booked through Rentals
- All wedding photography must be booked through Rentals
- Pictures outside of the photo map must be pre-arranged with our rentals team and may require additional fees
Drone: We do not allow drones in the garden. Thank you for understanding.