Leach Garden Friends maintains and enhances Leach Botanical Garden’s living collections of plants for the purposes of education, research and conservation and preserves the legacy of the Garden’s founders, John and Lilla Leach.
Cultivate & nurture a living legacy
Celebrate the relationship of humans to nature
Excite the imagination
Promote involvement in the natural sciences
Provide a place of tranquility and respite
Create a welcoming space where all belong
Maximize resources to ensure excellence
Operate with fiscal and environmental responsibility
Stimulate engaged learning
We Aspire to Be…
Portland’s botanical and cultural garden, a treasure connecting people, place and plants through discovery and delight. Our botanical garden highlights northwest native plants and features other unique collections including ferns, and spring ephemerals.
- A horticultural resource for both casual and serious gardeners.
- A hands-on laboratory for environmental education that encourages engagement with the physical sciences.
- A model and demonstration site of environmental sustainability.
- An historic site celebrating John & Lilla Leach and their contributions to Pacific Northwest botany and to the southeast Portland community.
- A regional destination.
- A place of beauty, respite, and reflection.
- A special place for families to gather and create memories.
Leach Garden Friends, staff and volunteers welcome individuals from all backgrounds and communities. We are committed to providing a place of respite, delight, and learning that is open to all. We dedicate our stewardship of this unique place to providing a vibrant example of the strength, resilience, and beauty that only a fully diverse community can provide.
Donations to Leach Botanical Garden (#93-0807685) are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.