Frequently Asked Questions
What event spaces are available for rent?
Leach Botanical Garden has both indoor and outdoor event space options; the Manor Fireplace Room and East Terrace.
What costs are associated with renting the garden?
The costs of renting the Garden comprise the following:
1. Venue rental fee (Contact Event Manager for details)
2. $300 refundable security deposit
3. Required event insurance
4. Optional add-on services: market lighting package and event crew services for example.
We encourage you to contact other service providers (i.e. caterers, florists, rentals, etc.) when considering the total cost of renting Leach Botanical Garden.
Can I hold a date?
Leach Botanical Garden does not hold dates. A signed Agreement with a non-refundable deposit must be received to secure your preferred date. We are happy to advise if someone else is interested in the same date.
What is included with the rental?
- Main level of the Manor House and East Terrace includes kitchen service area and prep room, 2 restroom facilities and tables and chairs (padded white wood folding chairs) for up to 100 people
- A Venue Coordinator who will be onsite for the entirety of your event and will be able to assist with venue-related needs
- If you are holding a wedding ceremony and reception at the Garden:
- Bride and groom’s changing rooms with separate restroom facilities
- 1-hour wedding ceremony rehearsal to be scheduled 30-days prior to event date. Rehearsals scheduled after Garden hours may incur a fee.
How much is the deposit and what is the payment schedule?
- The deposit is 25% of the venue rental fee – non-refundable and applied to the total venue rental fee; balance due 90-days prior to event date
- $300 refundable security deposit due 60-days prior to event date
- Optional add-ons: market lighting and event crew service are due 30-days prior to event date
Does the garden require event insurance?
Yes, Leach Botanical Garden requires event insurance for all event rentals at the Garden. Certificate of Liability Insurance is due 30-days prior to your event. Contact the Event Manager for additional information.
Does a wedding coordinator come with the garden rental?
No, the Garden does not provide a wedding planner or day-of coordinator. A Venue Coordinator is provided on the day of your event to assist with venue related needs. We are happy to provide you with referrals if you want a wedding planner or day-of coordinator.
When can I rent the garden?
Leach Botanical Garden can be rented between the hours of 9:00am-11:00pm. Please note the Garden is open to the public until 4:00pm but will not have access to event spaces.
What time do my vendors and I have access to the garden?
Access to the Garden is based on the renter’s rental period.
Can I bring in my own food and beverage?
Leach Botanical Garden has an open catering policy to allow you the benefit of hiring a professional caterer of your choice or to self-cater the event.
What are the restrictions on alcohol?
We do not have restrictions on types of beverages served; however, your caterer with an OLCC license must serve all alcoholic beverages. If they do not have an OLCC license or you are self-catering the event then a bartender will be provided for you and expense billed to you ($50 per hour per bartender with 4-hour minimum).
How late can the music go till?
Music must be turned off by 9:00pm on the weekday and 10:00pm on the weekends.
What do I do if it’s raining on my event day?
Our East Terrace is open to the elements. We are happy to provide you recommendations for a back up “rain plan” but please keep space limitations in mind when selecting Leach Botanical Garden during the rainier months.
Is onsite parking available?
We have a parking lot with 32 spaces and overflow parking located in the upper Garden by our administrative office that can accommodate 20-40 additional vehicles. We have 2 handicap parking spaces located adjacent to the Manor House.
What are the restrictions for décor?
Leach Botanical Garden is stunning in it’s natural setting, thus little to no décor is required. Hanging lanterns with LED lights are permitted. Flowers, bubbles and up-lighting are also permitted. The Garden, at an additional cost, can provide market lighting. If you would like to bring in other decor, please ask. Sparklers, rice, silly string, flower petals, dark colored fake flower petals and tiki torches are not permitted.
Are candles allowed at the garden?
Candles are welcomed only when in appropriate holders (the holder is higher than the flame). Candles for lighting of the Unity Candle must be drip free.
Can my pet be a part of my wedding?
Due to the fragile nature of plant specimens in our collection at Leach Botanical Garden, pets are not allowed. Service animals are always permitted.
Can we smoke in the garden?
Leach Botanical is a smoke free property.
Once my event is booked, can I visit anytime I want?
Leach Botanical Garden does not charge admission and is open to the public Tuesday-Saturday between 9:00am-4:00pm or Sunday between 1:00pm-4:00pm. However, clients and vendors are encouraged to call ahead to make certain the event spaces: Manor House and East Terrace are not in use.